Friday, January 6, 2023

Wat Pralad



One of the last days we had in Chiang Mai we visited a temple higher up in the forest.





It was so serene and beautiful, unlike any temple we had ever seen in Thailand.  We walked up a steep curving narrow road lined with a woven bamboo fence. 


The temple included several wooden buildings all placed within the trees, including a stream with a waterfall.  To me it felt more like a temple in Japan with its calm simple beauty, natural elements and peaceful aura.  As a sign said “the delightful place for awakening and awareness”.

5 comments:

  1. I love the shot with the monks. Very tranquil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The temple was built at a spot that is a way station on the way to the very revered temple higher up the mountain. The modern road up to the higher temple is 11 km long so it’s quite a good long way. Most of the buildings pictured seem to have been built or rebuilt fairly recently to me. I thought the architect did a fantastic job of keeping it Thai and also expanding the architectural vision. The trail along the stream felt very old to me and I kept imagining elephants both mounted and not ridden climbing up along it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my Love to you sweethearts,
    Jen Ben

    ReplyDelete